Kiite Inc. needs to collect and use certain types of information about people with whom it deals in order to operate. These include current, past and prospective clients; service providers and their appointed staff members; Kiite Inc.’s own employees; suppliers and others with whom Kiite Inc. conducts business.
We may collect personal identification information from Users in multiple ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our Site, register a new Kiite account, subscribe to the newsletter, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, or resources we make available on our Site. If appropriate, Users may be asked for information such as full name, email address, mailing address and telephone number. If Users apply for an open position in the “careers” section of our website, they will also be asked to include a resume or other related documents. Users have the right, however, to visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal information from Users only if such information is submitted willingly to us. Users have the right to refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in specific Site related activities.
Kiite Inc. may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Create your account with our Service, and to communicate with you regarding your account
- Establish authorization for our Service to access the third-party service(s) you request
- Personalize, conduct, and improve our Service for you, including any collection and processing of payment for our Service
- Provide you information regarding our Service and other services or products, or redeem promotional offers (consistent with your communications preferences)
- Information to display in your Kiite user profile
- Contact you to detect, prevent and mitigate fraudulent or illegal activities, investigate or inform about any security issues, enforce our agreements with you or other applicable policies, and comply with our legal obligations.
Using Your Information
Kiite Inc. regards the lawful and correct use of personal information as important to the achievement of our objectives, to the success of our operations and to maintaining confidence between those with whom we deal and ourselves. We, therefore, aim to ensure that our organization treats personal information lawfully and correctly. Kiite Inc. may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
Providing the Kiite service:
- To personalize the Kiite user experience; We may use information accumulated to understand how our Users as a group use the service and resources provided.
Understanding and improving our products:
- To improve Kiite; We may use data you provide to understand how users are engaging with our products and services and to improve the quality of our offerings.
Communicating with you:
- To improve service; Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs readily.
- In-product communications. Kiite may pro-actively provide useful information to you, based on the questions or information you provide in conversations with Kiite. We use information about your usage of the product to make suggestions to you to better your experience.
- To send periodic emails; We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site.
Disclosing Your Information
Kiite Inc. exists to provide a valuable service to you, and not to obtain Users personal information to sell or rent to third parties. In addition to actions you take to enable us to share your credentials with a third-party service to integrate Kiite Inc., the circumstances in which we disclose personal information are limited to the following:
- We have your explicit consent to share the information.
- The need to investigate potential violations of our User Agreement, to enforce the User Agreement, or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or potential threats against persons, property or the systems on which we operate the Service.
We determine that the access, preservation or disclosure of information is required or permitted by law to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Kiite Inc. and users of the Service, or is required to comply with applicable laws, including compliance with warrants, court orders, subpoenas, legal process, or other lawful government requests. We do so in connection with the sale or reorganization of all or part of our business, as permitted by applicable law.
While we use contractual and other measures to ensure the protection of personal information, laws and regulations relating to privacy and personal information protection in other legal jurisdictions may not be the same as, or similar to, your local privacy laws. In an effort to respect your privacy, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm, financial loss or to report potentially illegal or fraudulent activity.
Protecting Your Information
Kiite Inc. has created and implemented various internal policies and procedures, available to all staff, outlining individual and organizational data protection responsibilities. Responsibility for upholding this policy is truly company-wide under the authority of the Information Security Manager who encourages the personal commitment of all staff to address information security as part of their skills.
We maintain appropriate data collection, storage, and processing practices and security measures to ensure we provide optimum efforts to protect against unauthorized access, change, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
We use industry-standard encryption, transport layer security (“TLS”) or secure socket layer (“SSL”) technology to protect your data in transit. However, internet data transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure the security of information during its transmission between you and us. Accordingly, you acknowledge that when you transport such information, you do so at your own risk. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls.
Kiite Inc. retains company and personal information as long as we believe it is necessary and relevant for the operation of our Service. Upon request, your personal information will be deleted as soon as reasonably possible after your account is closed or deactivated. Occasionally, we may retain information, including your personal information, after your account is closed to prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our User Agreement, comply with applicable legal data retention obligations and take other actions permitted by law. Once it is no longer required, Kiite Inc. will dispose of your personal information in a secure manner, according to our data retention and deletion policies in effect at that time.
Third Party Websites
When you enable Kiite to access a third-party service, you specifically authorize our Service to take certain actions, including indexing your content on that service, processing it using our proprietary algorithms to make it more useful to you, and, at your request, performing various activities with it. For example, when you initiate a request to our Service, our software and algorithms will process the contents of the third-party service(s) such as Slack or Skype for Business, to locate and capture information the algorithm determines most relevant to your request.
Information within the third-party service may be relevant to a current conversation between the User and Kiite and we may provide it to you for review. Kiite will present it to you in a human-readable format as part of the conversation. Browsing and interaction on any website other than those owned and operated by Kiite, including websites which have a link to our Site or have been accessed using links from our Site, is subject to such website’s own terms and policies.
Web Browser Cookies
The policy is subject to regular review to reflect, for example, changes to legislation or to the structure or policies of Kiite Inc. When we do, we revise the “last updated” date at the bottom of this page. We encourage Kiite Users to frequently check this page for any changes to stay informed about how we are protecting the data we collect. The policy is made available to all staff who are expected to apply it.
Acceptance of These Terms
By using this Site and Kiite Inc. products and services, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Conversations with Kiite
Questions or Concerns
If you have questions or concerns, please contact us through the following methods below:
Telephone: +1 800-499-2659
Mailing Address: Kiite Inc., 14 Erb St W, Waterloo, ON N2L 1S7