The way in which we buy has changed drastically over the past 25 years. A quick Google search will turn up tens, hundreds or even thousands of potential solutions to our problems. Questions can be answered instantaneously via chat, social media, and real-time messaging. Purchases can be made with a single click or tap.  

Put another way: everything happens on your customers’ terms. Not yours.

In an on-demand world, things happen fast. Things happen now. And things change often. Your customers know this. You need to be on board, too. 

As much as we want to control our back-and-forth with our prospects, they’re increasingly in the driver’s seat, looking not for a salesperson to pitch to them, but rather for an expert who can help them solve a problem. Keeping up with that conversation, no matter where it goes, is what good sales reps (and helpers) do. They’re conversationally fluent, if you will.

And the same kinds of technology that make buying a breeze can help us all become fluent, too.

Team collaboration

Team collaboration tools are now mainstream in most tech-savvy workplaces, and AI has reached a stage in which sharing knowledge can have progressively engaging and human-like conversations. Conversational interfaces are the future of work.

The first step to ensuring a well-oiled, revenue-ready workplace is enabling employee productivity and self-sufficiency. One way to do this (and thousands of organizations already have) is to introduce a team collaboration tool such as Slack, Microsoft Teams, G Suite, and Facebook Workplace.  

Drastically improving internal communication, the days of CC’ing 10 people on an email are (almost) gone. A simple message to the group Slack channel and anyone who is relevant to the conversation can chime in during your moment of need. No ‘reply all’ necessary.

Team Collaboration tools are making our working lives simpler, more fun and more productive through the ability to ask questions, receive feedback on work, share files, or get progress updates. Work environments are more transparent and accessible increasing employee awareness and strengthening the entire revenue-generating process.

Knowledge sharing

“I’ll get back to you,” said every sales rep ever when pressed with a question to which they don’t know the answer.  

Having the capability to access information from mobile devices we carry everywhere has made us instant gratification junkies. We need answers from everyone immediately; therefore, getting the information to the customer faster leads to a faster purchase decision.

Not only can modern Playbooks™ arm your sales force with the information they need to close the deal faster, but it can also improve daily workflow. In fact, only 35% of an employee’s time is spent on activities that generate revenue. The other 65% is wasted on administrative tasks, rummaging through email, trying to locate files, or syncing with co-workers.

Using AI for knowledge sharing is still a relatively new concept, but the benefits are undeniable. Provide your employees’ tools to enable them to work “smarter,” while increasing productivity and revenue.

Real-time communications

By now, most internet enthusiasts have interacted with chat, either embedded on a website or through a medium such as Facebook. These conversations can either occur with an intelligent bot or a human and in many instances the human can’t even tell the difference.  

Conversational marketing is personal and real-time, connecting with your leads through one-on-one conversations, giving your reps the chance to answer questions and listen to feedback right on your website homepage.  

As consumers, we are incredibly self-sufficient. We can do in-depth research on products with the click of a button and come to an educated decision fast, often unassisted. Imagine there was only a single piece of information blocking the conversation that’ll close the next big deal.  

With a good conversational framework in mind (a great tool to have in your Playbooks™, if you don’t have one already) and the technology that gives reps the knowledge they need during live conversations, everyone can perform like the best.

Share via:

Back to Blog

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *